Projects


First time on my blog? Go ahead and check out the Projects section on the right in the sidebar. From there you can choose which project to view. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Skyrim!..?

I have been working on trying to find different interesting things to do with the lights in my case.  I wanted to make the lights interact with any game globally, either based off of color or sound.  Both of these proved difficult, but would be quite cool combined together.

Now, I have decided, it would work much better for games specifically.  How do I do that? Mods!  One game I have experience with modding is Skyrim, so I went with that.



In order to mod Skyrim, you use their Creation Kit, and with that, you can use their scripting language, Papyrus. It is a great way to make mods for the game.  Unfortunately, as Papyrus is a scripting language they made for modding, it can be very limiting.  For instance, I want to be able to control the LED's in my case, but I would need to do serial communication, which is needless to say impossible to do in Papyrus.

So then I found ScriptDragon, which allows you to use the functions in Papyrus, in your own C++ scripts. Perfect!

The first idea I have, is to make it so I catch the event for when the player is damaged, then flash the lights.  After I get this working, I can get into more complicated things:

  • Different colors for different types of damage (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Physical,..etc)
  • When charging magic spells, light up the LEDs, with the respective color
  • Reflect the Compass (If that is possible in anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment