Projects


First time on my blog? Go ahead and check out the Projects section on the right in the sidebar. From there you can choose which project to view. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Arduino + LED Chain

I have not gotten the Arduino or LED Chain in the mail yet, but I have begun programming the code. There are two sides to the code, the Arduino side, and the Computer side.

For the Arduino side I have setup some simple methods that wait for serial messages being sent. It then parses them, and turns on the light chain accordingly.  So far I have only written a message that turns the entire chain one color.  Later I will make it so I can address each one individually. Luckily this was pretty easy, as a Library for the LED chain was supplied.

On the computer side I am using AutoHotkey, so I can easily setup hotkeys to turn on/off the LED strip. I also plan to be able to control the colors and such with hotkeys in the future.  I found a good Serial Library for AutoHotkey that uses Windows DLL calls for Serial communication.

I now have successfully written code on both sides, and have Serial communication.  I cannot test to see if the LED chain color is being changed though, as I still do not have it. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment