Projects


First time on my blog? Go ahead and check out the Projects section on the right in the sidebar. From there you can choose which project to view. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Color Changing LEDs

The next idea I had is that I could set up the LEDs in such a way that I can turn them on or off via my computer! This was an awesome idea, I figured I could setup an AutoHotkey script and be able to setup hotkeys to hit while in game!.

But wait, what about colored LEDs? The LED strip I got is just red, and cannot change colors. So why not get an LED strip that has color changing LEDs!

So I ordered one of these:

Individually Addressable Color Changing LED Chain
This is a LED chain, that each LED can individually have its brightness or color changed. Pretty sweet!  But the next hurdle was, how do I get my computer to communicate with the LED chain?

No comments:

Post a Comment